Frequently Asked Questions
Virtual Intern is an online platform that provides youth with relevant, local, and project-based work experiences to help them transition into meaningful job roles.We work with local industries to help the next generation understand the broad scope of what a career can offer, showcase skills to employers, and secure employment.
Virtual Work Experiences are digital and project-based programmes developed in collaboration with local industries. They include a variety of real-world tasks and resource packs designed to simulate day-to-day challenges encountered in professional settings.
Simply put, our Virtual Work Experiences are designed to help students transition from campus to career. Completing a Virtual Work Experience will provide you with the following advantages:
- Improve your understanding of the numerous and exciting career opportunities available to you;
- Develop the skills and confidence that will position you for success as you transition from campus to career, and get noticed by real employers if you want.
Each work experience is $35.00 in cost.
If you are a school or organisation interested in registering a cohort for the platform, please contact us for more pricing information.
Our experiences are specifically designed to give you access to tasks that you might not have access to in a physical work environment. The following are the primary distinctions:
- Virtual work experiences are available to all students (no applications or interviews required! );
- The projects and challenges in the work experience are risk-free! (we concentrate on learning rather than correct answers); and
- The best part is that virtual work experiences are remote allowing you to complete them on your own time from anywhere!
Our work experiences are co-designed with industry to provide students with accurate and authentic tasks that are appropriate for their age and stage.
Learn more about our programme development model by clicking here.
Our priority is connecting local talent with local industries across Australia.
From retail to agriculture to childcare, we work with a spectrum of industries that prioritise meaningful and sustained engagement with their employees.